Author Topic: skemmtilegt vandamál  (Read 1868 times)

Offline maggifinn

• Staged and NOS activated
    • View Profile
skemmtilegt vandamál
« on: June 09, 2004, 22:55:15 »
ég ætla vona að ég þurfi að kljást við svona vandamál einhverntímann:
My hood blew off when Procharger Blow Off Valve Opened
IP: 67.161.101.60
Posted on 5/16/2004 at 02:33:00 PM by Brian Macy

I have a 101mm turbo with fast fuel injection. The car went 8.79@162 for the first time yesterday. The first pass went great.. safe tune up and 20 pounds of boost. We checked over the engine after the first pass and it looked great. The next pass I turned up the boost to 24 and at the finish line (I did get out of the throttle all at once this time) it looked like an explosion under the hood and the hood ripped off. It took all of the dzus fastners with it, mounting plates included. It also ripped the support bar that I had fiberglassed into the fender. Also it cracked both headlight bezels near the grill and the middle of the fenders.

The front end is one piece fiberglass and the hood is also fiberglass.

The hood ripped from the rear to the front. The hood is a 4" cowl.

The mounting for the front end and hood is better than most that I have seen. We did the same on my buddies and he has an aero scoop and is going 174 and it works fine for him.

I know the turbo is putting out alot of cfm at 7500 through a 4" tube. The Procharger valve is pointed into the cowl area.

See pictures at http://www.forcedairracing.com

Has anyone had a problem with this before?

Forced Air Racing.com

Nóni húddið er ekkert að glenna sig hjá þér er það nokkuð?
            Ef ekki þá er örugglega meira svigrúm fyrir meira búst :lol:

Offline Racer

• Staged and NOS activated
    • View Profile
skemmtilegt vandamál
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 21:26:27 »
hehe ég lenti í svona með minn túrbó :) , að vísu rak ég vandann þannig að lásinn á húddinu var smá uhh bilaður (húddlæsing var slöpp svo strax og bílinn boostaði inn þá poppaði upp húddið sem betur fer opnast húddið í öfuga átt svo bílinn fékk bara skóp til að kæla vél en ekki braut rúðuna og tjónaði toppinn)

ekki langar mér að sjá svona húdd fljúga af bíl sem maður ætti þó maður hefur séð videó af amerískum sem skjóta húddinu af bílnum og það leit helv skemmtilega út vegna þess maður lenti ekki í svona en neii ég efast að menn vilja fá svona vandamál nema þeir hafa mjög góðan húmor og eru nokkurveginn sama um peninga.. tja að vísu væri gaman að eiga bíl sem hefur nógu mikið afl til að gera svona sýningu , hef lesið mér til um menn sem eru sprengja einhverja hluti í vélasalnum í hverji keppni og eru eiginlega bara að mæta til að gera þannig (búnir að losa sig við samkeppni og þurfa eiginlega ekkert að mæta nema til að slá eigin met)
Davíð Stefánsson
KK Member 2015 #857