Author Topic: Shinko rifnar a 170mph , afdreparasnuran einnig  (Read 2664 times)

Offline maggifinn

• Staged and NOS activated
    • View Profile
Shinko rifnar a 170mph , afdreparasnuran einnig
« on: July 22, 2010, 10:59:17 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6Tlr_OumA0

"On July 2nd 2010 at Milan Dragway I was on quite possibly a 7.48 run according to short times (3.32 at the 330 and 4.97 in the 1/8 a new career best) when around the 1000 mark @ 170mph the shinko hookup drag tire broke the bead and came off the rim causing the bike to vilolently shake from side to side, eventually I had to make the call to lay the bike down on its side to avoid highsiding as the bike went in my oponents direction.

I came out of it with only a fractured hand and separated shoulder thanks to wearing some of the best gear possible: SYED leathers with full backprotector and added padding in all key areas, Arai Helmet and boots, and Suzuki race gloves with kevlar knuckles... bike had slowed down to about 155mph as I crossed the traps for a final ET of 7.73 when I put it down on it's left side just barely missing Budgell as I saw him passing me at the end (THANK GOD)..

also a word of caution to those who use rubber tethers on their safety kills.. this one failed - it broke off at crimp to the clip that attaches to your gloves and bike didnt shut down .. (no stock tilt switch becuz bike had a standalone and no ecu)

also we were told after the crash the shinko hookup drag tire did this to three other racers as well. This tire should be avoided till the manufacturer addresses this problem.

I would like to extend my thanks to the Milan Emergency Crew for their excellent care.. although I felt fine and wanted to get up I knew I shouldn't to avoid possibly causing further injury and the crew was on top of reminding me to stay still and let them take every precaution possible to ensure my safety.

I'm starting to feel a lil better with the stiffness and bruising on knees, elbows, and shoulders.. just the separated shoulder and fractured wrist are giving me pain.

Thank you everyone for your inquiries and concern... i look forward to coming back and finishing that pass so i can set my new 1/4 mile ET record for the World's Quickest Female on a ProStreet Bike"!

Offline 1000cc

• In the burnout box
    • View Profile
Re: Shinko rifnar a 170mph , afdreparasnuran einnig
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 18:18:49 »
Þetta er lýka 600+- hp hjól og þetta dekk er kanski ekki allveg smíðað fyrir svona power..
Ólafur Friðrik Harðarson
olafurfh@internet.is
Yamaha R6 1/4 10.187@136.52
Yamaha R1 1/4 9.220@148.51  1/8 5.956@121.30
King of the street 2011