Author Topic: Topp 10 mest óþolandi eigendur bíltegunda...  (Read 3129 times)

Offline Hr.Cummins

• Staged and NOS activated
    • View Profile
Topp 10 mest óþolandi eigendur bíltegunda...
« on: October 08, 2011, 11:06:46 »
The ten most annoying groups of car owners
Cars themselves don't talk down to you, drone on about parts catalogues, or generally piss on everything you love. They leave that to their owners. Here are the ten types of car owners that take all the fun out of cars, as chosen by Jalopnik readers.

10.) MGs

Why we love to hate: MG fans, we're all happy for you that you love to spend a fine Sunday drive parked on the side of the road, fixing whatever piece of 1930s-era technology has exploded on your car this time, but we don't want to hear about it.

Here's an explanaiton:
"You know the kind of bar you go to because there's no goddamn bigscreen tvs showing football 24/7, and no loudmouths trying to turn the place into a frat party? Some little hole in the wall Irish pub that only has like two beers on tap? You go there so you can be alone with your thoughts. Put aside the cares of the day. Linger for an hour or so over a pint and not have to remember that you live in a world full of assholes and tax collectors and screaming kids. You sit your ass down on the barstool, and you can be completely alone for one brief shining moment. The only thing the bartender needs from you is a nod, then you get your beer and your silence. You are for that moment complete. It's pure bliss. Then some guy with an MG wants to talk to you about valve stem seals."

9.) Honda Fan Boyz

Why we love to hate: This isn't for you S2K autocrossers or lovers of vintage Japanese cars. This isn't even for you old school CRX purists. This is for a specific kind of Honda fan boi. Listen, we'd like you guys more if your over-customized Hondas didn't come with an attitude more colorful and less original than your ride. A kind of personality that says "I drive a belly-scraping, five-different-shades-of-neon Honda to a car show and then look down on muscle cars."

8.) Smart cars

Why we love to hate: Smart cars may seem to be cars, but they're actually anti-cars. We don't see anything wrong with painting your cars crazy colors and hanging out to talk about it, but we could care less about how geeked out you are about your vehicular appliance and how good those flowers look on it.

7.) PT Cruiser fans

Why we love to hate: PT Cruiser fans fall into the same trap as the Honda owners who, rather than accept they're part of a counter-culture, presume to represent the community at large given the number of dorky retromobiles sold.

6.) On-Road Jeep Wrangler Nuts

Why we love to hate: The whole point of Jeeps is going offroad, so why do you meet every week in a parking lot? Actually, why do you never get offroad? For every die hard fan who keeps taking Jeeps offroad even with a major mechanical failure every twenty minutes, there are a dozen Call of Duty playing poseur bros to give them a bad name.

5.) Late Model Mustangs

Why we love to hate: We all love cars here, but what we don't love are superiority complexes. Mustang drivers have some awesome and awesomely fast cars, but man do we not have to hear about how much better they are than M3s, Camaros, Corvettes, and Challengers.

4.) VDub is in the Haus!

Why we love to hate: Our favorite things about cars are, well, the cars. Not the roof racks, not the obsessive conformity to a single look, just the cars. Why do I get the feeling every time I'm listening to VW fans that it's the lifestyle, not the cars that are important?

We're just kidding, we love you Volkswagen fanboys. If it wasn't for you, who else would we make fun of as the ultimate hipsters of the car world?

3.) Subarus

Why we love to hate: Face it Subaru fanboys, you love the hate, too. You're proud to be different, to drive something unique and stand out in the endless sea of beige with a WRX or an STi. But then you guys all meet up together on forums and at car meets and it's just plain to see for the rest of the world that you painted your cars the same, lowered them the same, sat them on the same rims, and drive the same.

2.) BMW fanboys

Why we love to hate: We're happy for all you E30, clown shoe, and 2002 owners, we really are, but damn, if there was ever a group of know-it-all, elite car bastards it's BMW fans. From the 335i owner stancin' past whatever POS you drive to the E9 owner who won't let you breathe harshly in the direction of his car, nobody shows off their tool academy diplomas like the Bimmer crowd.

1.) MOPAR fans

Why we love to hate: There really was no competing with Mopar fans for the top spot in this hate-a-thon, because they've got a one-two-punch of terrible. First, there are the Neon/SRT4 fans. We could forgive the bad paintjobs, loud exhausts, and painful bodykits, but we can't excuse the snobby attitude, especially when the stakes are so low in bargain sports compacts.

What really pulls the Mopar fans into the lead are the fabulously inane muscle car heads out there. From the more money than taste million dollar ‘Cuda crowd to the everyday numbers-matching pedant, nobody pisses on your breakfast cereal like a Mopar fan. It's your kind of devotion that gives the world some of the most committed, passionate gearheads out there, but please, baby Jesus, if you stop telling me about the ram air effect on your Dodge Polara, I swear I'll do anything you want.

Ég hló allavega, og vonandi hafið þið gaman að þessari lesningu :)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 11:11:22 by Angelic0- »
Viktor Agnar Guðmundsson

Offline Dart 68

• View Profile
Re: Topp 10 mest óþolandi eigendur bíltegunda...
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 12:02:38 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Winners never Quit --- Quitters never Win

Ottó P Arnarson

Krúsers
# 666

Offline kallispeed

• Pre staged
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 17:04:46 »
og meirasegja mopar fans .. þetta er guðlast..... :mrgreen:

Offline Belair

• Doing 20ft wheelies
    • View Profile
    • Alli´s Icelandic Firebird Page
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 19:28:45 »
listinn er vitlaus

svona er hann rettur

Nr.10 Late Model Mustangs
Nr.9 Smart cars
Nr.8 PT Cruiser fans
Nr.7 Subarus
Nr.6 VDub is in the Haus!
Nr.5 On-Road Jeep Wrangler Nuts
Nr.4 Bens Fans
Nr.3 Audi fans
Nr.2 BMW fanboys
NR.1 Honda Fan Boyz
Trans Am 84 350rwhp Ls1 T56
Legacy 99
Haase 128

Benedikt H Jóhannsson KK#2010 FBI#3341

Offline Walter

• Playing NHRA on playstation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 22:20:15 »
Er þetta ekki einhverjir tjallar http://jalopnik.com/top-gear . Auðvitað geta þeir ekki náð fara rétt með listann.

Svona listi er mjög einfaldur og heitir Toyota eigendur  :) Að þetta bili aldrei my ass... Þessir menn fara í heilaskurð um leið og þeir skrifa undir kaupsamning.. algert minnisleysi um bilanir á tíkinni.
Walter Ehrat
Ökutækin18.05.2011:
Dodge Durango Hemi Metan´08
Chevrolet Corvette ´84
Ford Maverick Grabber´73
Land Rover Defender 130"
Mercedes Benz Unimog
Harley Davidson VRSCA Vrod
Cannondale X440
Buell Firebolt XB9R
Sikk MX 125cc trail bike

Offline Racer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 12:41:59 »
ég héld að Chevrolet eigandi skrifaði þetta :D

annars er gaman af svona tegundastríði sérstaklega þegar tveir harðir prestar hittast með sitthvort álitið  :mrgreen:
Davíð Stefánsson
KK Member 2015 #857

Offline Ramcharger

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 15:04:53 »
Er þetta ekki einhverjir tjallar http://jalopnik.com/top-gear . Auðvitað geta þeir ekki náð fara rétt með listann.

Svona listi er mjög einfaldur og heitir Toyota eigendur  :) Að þetta bili aldrei my ass... Þessir menn fara í heilaskurð um leið og þeir skrifa undir kaupsamning.. algert minnisleysi um bilanir á tíkinni.

Hehe :mrgreen:
Andrés Guðmundsson

Nova "70 R.I.P
Celica "72 R.I.P
Ramcharger "74 R.I.P
Olds Delta Royal "78 R.I.P

Offline kallispeed

• Pre staged
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 16:21:15 »
allavega moparinn datt út af nýja listanum  ....  :mrgreen: