Author Topic: Flottur póstur  (Read 1812 times)

Offline maggifinn

• Staged and NOS activated
    • View Profile
Flottur póstur
« on: August 26, 2010, 19:17:53 »
Var að tröllast einusinni sem oftar á Jellóbúllett. Rakst þar á frábærann póst um auðmýktina sem maður þarf að hlaða sig upp af áður en haldið er útí kvartmíluútgerð af hvaða tagi sem er.

Afsakið engilsaxneskuna, en sá er getur tuffað sig í gegnum Sömmitbækling hlýtur að skilja megin inntakið í póstinum.

10's and 11's look so easy
So my buddy and I went to Maple Grove for the Pro Mod show on Saturday. The also ran the Sunoco Money Trail series (bracket racing). So we’re both just casually jumping into this drag racing stuff after years of dirt roundy-round. He has a 468 BBC in a short bed ’81 Chevy truck. It seems pretty “street” stout. No know HP. Mine is a ’66 Fairlane 390 with some performance goodies. I have a 427 for next year. I ran some 12.90’s and he’s hit 13.5’s but we figured he had a cam going bad. So he’s rebuilt it with no runs. So that’s the short of our stuff. So we’re walking through the pits and checking out the cars (we didn’t race this day). There are many nice cars that run as good as they look. Then there are some that you look at and say what a piece of “$#!t”. No disrespect it’s just the quick thought. I mean we’re looking at a ’68 Impala with a 396, dirty as heck and the engine compartment looking very junky, rust, wires here and there and when it hits the track it does a pair of 11.50’s. My buddy and I are baffled and not only that car but many running way faster than they look capable of and all we can do is wonder what we’re doing wrong? The class we were focusing on was a street class. It just amazes me on how fast and effortlessly some of these cars go. Kudos to you all. Now, how do we hit at least the 11’s? I’m sure the engine is where you start but we both thought we were somewhere close on engine. We were laughing at ourselves as we discussed how fast we think we were going while on a pass. Then watching a car do our speed or maybe mid 12’s and think how slow they looked. This hobby sure does humble you, doesn’t it?