Author Topic: Killacycle - electric drag bike  (Read 1851 times)

Offline T/A

• Pre staged
    • View Profile
Killacycle - electric drag bike
« on: September 20, 2007, 14:09:04 »
HJÓLIÐ:
The KillaCycle is the result of years of effort on the part of Bill Dube’, his sponsors and team members. It is currently the quickest 1/4 mile electric drag bike in the world. Recently driver Scott Pollacheck did a record 8.168 second @ 155.78 MPH run at Firebird Raceway in Arizonia.

The motorcycle is powered by 374 volts of electricity stored in 990 small, but powerful, Lithium Ion cells (batteries) provided by A123 Systems. The cells are connected to provide 7.5kWh of energy storage and are capable of supplying up to 1575 amps. The cells themselves weigh just 161 pounds.The entire battery pack weighs just 180 lbs yet puts out about 390 horsepower.
-------------------------------
STAÐREYNDIR:
The KillaCycle uses about $0.07 worth of electricity for each run down the strip.
The bike only uses ~300 W-hr / mile… including the burn-out
Including burn-outs, the KillaCycle could make 7 or more runs on one charge
Recharges in as little as 10 minutes. (Limited by charger. Battery can be recharged in 5 minutes.)
Zero to 60 MPH in 1.04 seconds, 45 feet.
Silent, aside from the chain and some tire noise.
The KillaCycle weighs 619 lbs.
-------------------------------
Upps....dálítið neyðarlegt: http://youtube.com/watch?v=YV8_meso6kU

Kv. Kristján
Kristján Pétur Hilmarsson

Offline Valli Djöfull

• Doing 20ft wheelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 14:52:55 »
Dem  :?   ekki gott...  Var að youtuba fullt af kvartmíluvídjóum af þessum snillingi fyrir viku..

Samkvæmt þessu virðist hann hafa sloppið betur en maður hélt við það að sjá vídjóið... :shock:
I’m Fine (scapes and cuts) Bike is a little bent….

First off, I’m just a bit scraped up. Embarrassed of course. I had not intended the bike to move in the soapy water, just spin the tire.

Got it slowed down to about 20 mph. Front wheel is bent, as are front forks. Cowling is not nearly as pretty as it was.
Battery box took a hit from the front wheel. Almost certainly, some cells were shorted. No smoke. No fire. Ultra safe cells. Had these been anything but A123 Systems Nano-phosphate cells, shorts would have caused a serious fire.

No major damage. We will have it fixed in short order.

Important to note: Area in front of the bike was CLEARED of ALL PEOPLE. NO ONE was at risk but me. Concrete on both sides of area.

Yes, I am an idiot for not wearing a helmet. :-/

http://www.killacycle.com/
Valbjörn Júlíus Þorláksson - GSM: 820-8488

Offline bandit79

• In the burnout box
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 14:57:19 »
Holy Shi....

Djöfull stekkur þetta afstað!
Helgi Svanur Bjarnason
"Scooter tuning is not a crime!"